CALL: (01) 8733443 / (01) 8733251
Consultations are by appointment only.
This allows us to give YOU our undivided attention and time during your visits.
Appointments for hair loss and alopecia clients
If you are experincing hair loss or alopecia, we understand that this can be quite dawnting time for you, but we are here to help you in every way possible. The first step is to make an appointment with us. All consultations are on one-to-one basis in private surrounding, allowing us to get to know you which enables us to discuss your options. We will inform you on the pro's and con's of both synthetic and human hair wigs which will allow you to choose the best option for you and your life style. We will also go through how to wear and maintain your wig.
You are more than welcome to bring along a family member and or a friend for some support.
(see below for contact details)
Appointments for chemotherapy and radiotherapy clients
After it has been confirmed that you are going to experience hair loss due to the chemotherapy and or radiotherapy, it is imperative that you contact us as soon as possible for an appointment, as many will experience gradual hair loss between 14 to 16 days from the day you start your first treatment.
Choosing your wig before hair loss starts is advisable for two reasons:
- We can see the style and colour of your hair, which will make it easier to find the appropriate wig that will match your original look.
- Hasty decisions regarding wig choice can be made during treatment and as a result, some clients may rush the process of choosing their wig only to realise they have made a rash decision and may be unhappy with their choice.
If you have already started your treatment and hair loss has occured, that is ok. If you bring along a recent picture of yourself this will allow us to see the style, the colour and texture of your hair.
Our services that we provide include:
- Human hair and synthetic wigs
- Natural looking, lightweight, breathable wigs
- Sizes: Large, medium and petite available
- Custom made and specially sized wigs
- Add on hair pieces for under headwear
- Resizing service
- Cutting and styling of wigs
- Wig washing service
- Wig maintenance products
- Wigs stands / brushes / tape / wig liners
- Organic hair colouring service post chemotherapy and radiotherapy
- Organic scalp & hair products
- After care service specifically post chemotherapy and radiotherapy
- Headwear for all occasions and seasons
Medical Card Holders & Private Insurances Welcome
MEDICAL CARD ASSISTANCE
If you are affected with alopecia and are a medical card holder (means tested) you may be able eligible to get a grant towards your wig. For more information on the grant contact your local HSE.
If you are eligible for a wig, all you need is your medical card and a letter from your GP along with you to your appointment and we will process your application on your behalf. We are here to make things less stressful for you.
PRIVATE INSURANCE ASSISTANCE
If you are receiving chemotherapy and or radiotherapy your insurance will assist you in the purchase of your wig. Check with your insurer first as each allowances differ from one insurer to another.
(Hair loss and alopecia clients unfortunately are not covered by private insurance.)
To make an appointment
Tel: (01) 873 3443 or (01) 873 3251
Address: 113 Middle Abbey Street, Dublin 1
(5 doors down for Arnotts Department Store and on the Red Luas Line, the Jervis Street stop. Connects to both Connolly and Hueston train stations).
Sorry... Closed Sunday / Monday
Tuesday/Wednesday: 10am - 4.45pm
Thursday: 9.30am - 5.30pm
Friday: 9.30 - 5pm
Saturday: 9am - 3.30pm
(After hour appointments are available, strictly by appointment only)